Lisa-Jo Baker recently posted her list: here are some of my favorites
1. You feel naked if you leave the house without Cheerios. (I always have snacks and water in my bag in case of hunger emergencies!)
2. You cry with happiness when one of your children consents to eating broccoli. (Malia is a super picky eater, but broccoli is one of the few veggies that she actually likes)
3. Your kids ask you what the iron is for (I never iron anything and only buy clothes that I think won’t require an iron, is that sad?)
4. You would rather have someone help you with the laundry than anything else in the world. (The other day, Patrick unloaded the washer and put the clothes in the dryer…and he did the dishes in the sink, I could have kissed his feet
5. Having kids has taught you how to love and be loved like nothing else on earth. (So true – I didn’t know I was capable of this kind of sacrificial, unconditional love until I had kids, and I have received so much love and joy in return!)
6. You pray. About everything. Because you’ve learned you can hardly control anything. (Amen. Most of the time my life is on the brink of chaos, and I am NOT in control, no matter how much I want to be!)
7. You know how bad stepping on a piece of Lego can feel (So painful!)
Check out the whole list: they are hilarious and touching!
What would you add from your own experience or from your mom’s experience?